Subject: NetBSD pkgsrc now compiles on IRIX 5.3
To: None <,>
From: Georg Schwarz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2004 19:06:23
[ A copy of this message has been posted to the newsgroups ]
[                             ]
[     de.comp.os.unix.misc                                 ]
[     de.comp.os.unix.bsd                                  ]
[     comp.sys.sgi.apps                                    ]
[     comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc                            ]
[     comp.unix.programmer                                 ]
[     alt.folklore.computers                               ]

After a few days of hacking I finally got the netbsd package collection
compile from scratch on IRIX 5.3 - well, by no means completely yet - it
still fails at noumerous places, but IMHO it's good enough to be useful
for a start.
Since it still needs quite a lot of improvement I would very much
welcome any feedback from people who still run IRIX 5.3.
If you want to give it a try, instructions can be found at
Comments and corrections are appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Georg Schwarz     +49 177 8811442