Subject: Re: using revbump.pl questions
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2004 12:06:44
On Saturday 03 January 2004 09:52, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> My question is: should I bump wm/icewm/Makefile.common even though it
> doesn't appear to use tiff because it is common for icewm-gnome and
> icewm-imlib?
>
> Or should I just bump the icewm-gnome and icewm-imlib Makefiles?

IMO, you should bump -imlib and -gnome separately, not in the .common
Makefile, because icewm itself is not affected.

> Should it take hours to get everything bumped for tiff?

Yes, because the way the script works... running make show-var for each
package is slow, but is the safest way to get the right version number.

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>