Subject: using revbump.pl questions
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2004 00:52:00
I am using jmmv's  revbump.pl to help with the many bumps for tiff.

It had 71 Makefiles that were not done (and flagged as FIXME).

I modified the revbump.pl to skip that first check where it looked for
/^\.include.*Makefile\..*/

And then I ran revbump.pl again with just those last 71 directories as the
input.

Then it had only a few left over:

chat/xchat-gnome
devel/GConf2-ui
games/rocksndiamonds-sdl
graphics/p5-PerlMagick
mail/sylpheed-claws-image-viewer
print/ghostscript-esp
print/php4-pdflib
wm/icewm-gnome
wm/icewm-imlib
www/links-gui

My question is: should I bump wm/icewm/Makefile.common even though it
doesn't appear to use tiff because it is common for icewm-gnome and
icewm-imlib?

Or should I just bump the icewm-gnome and icewm-imlib Makefiles?

It seems like later someone could use PKGREVISION in
wm/icewm/Makefile.common and it will be different from icewm-gnome and
icewm-imlib Makefiles.

What should I do?

Should it take hours to get everything bumped for tiff?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/