Subject: Re: fetchmail needs flex
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/02/2004 17:31:32
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, grant beattie wrote:

> > Existing packages needing flex (I counted 7) mostly test for ${OPSYS} ==
> > "SunOS" or an existing /usr/bin/flex.

Those checks for OPSYS are wrong. Needing a flex (or yacc) is also needed
for other operating systems.

> > Should flex be included in mk/tools.mk?
>
> probably, the same is also true for yacc/bison.

I started implementing that. I have brought this up a few times over the
past year. Like in September and October for thread "BUILD_USES_LEX and
BUILD_USES_YACC". I also have some PRs about it. And I have several
packages in my own pkgsrc that I have had to add checks for flex and yacc.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2003/09/30/0043.html

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/