Subject: Re: Bootstrap binary kit for FreeBSD 4.9
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/02/2004 14:42:42
--TYecfFk8j8mZq+dy

grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org> wrote:
=20
> normally we do not accept package submissions from non-developers, but
> perhaps we can provide a contrib area where third parties can have
> bootstrap-pkgsrc/packages published, with an appropriate disclaimer

Yes, it would be good to do that.  Every now and then I see posts to
mailing lists or new groups that ask why package X for architecture Y
does not exist (ie is not available as a binary package).  Maybe we can
add this responsibility to pkgsrc-wip?  Or setup a separate sourceforge
project for non-official binary packages?

-Jan

--=20
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a=20
month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."

--TYecfFk8j8mZq+dy

--TYecfFk8j8mZq+dy--