Subject: Re: please test OpenWindows version of my graphics/tiff
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: dieter <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2003 14:05:30
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I have an even newer package of graphics/tiff. Please extract and try
> (20497 bytes)

Extracting fails because:
gzcat: /export/home/pkgsrc/distfiles/tiff-3.6.1/TIFFTechNote2.html: not in
gzip format

> I need someone to test the .if !empty(X11BASE:M*openwin)  functionality
> for INSTALL.OpenWindows.

Install works, deinstall almost does.
[ -f ] fails because it points to ./ which
is already removed by the deinstall.

After install:
		/usr/openwin/lib/ -> /usr/pkg/lib/
		/usr/openwin/lib/ -> /usr/pkg/lib/
		/usr/openwin/lib/ -> ./

After deinstall:
		/usr/openwin/lib/ -> /usr/pkg/lib/
		/usr/openwin/lib/ -> ./

I got the right result by defining LIBTIFF as ""
(instead of the other way around) and changing PRE-INSTALL to
POST-INSTALL but there might be better solutions...

kind regards,

	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley