Subject: Re: Version number fix?
To: Joachim Thiemann <thiemann@gel.usherbrooke.ca>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2003 23:37:06
Joachim Thiemann [Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 06:26:28PM -0500]:
> pkglint doesn't like the -v7r2.
>
> I couldn't see in the docs what the proper way to fix this is.  Suggestions?

PKGNAME=	whatever-7.2 ?

> Once it is resolved, I can send-pr the package.

Do you know CVS? Maybe you would rather like to commit it to
http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net repository ?

> What is the best way to resolve this?
> - AFsp could simply link with its own redux version of libtsp but not
> install any of it in /usr/pkg/lib
> - modify the AFsp package to not have libtsp in it, and instead make it
> depend on the (bigger) libtsp - perhaps even dynamically linked?
> (note that I personally know the author, and can suggest changes, it's just
> he doesn't often have time to spend on it)

Depends if source-included libtsp is the same libtsp in terms of
functionality, like the external one. If it is, I'd create 2 separate
packages. First, make sure that the package you're working on
will work with external libtsp.

Thanks for supporting pkgsrc project,