Subject: Re: fonts/TTF or fonts/TrueType?
To: None <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2003 16:34:23
On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 03:35:48PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
> Currently all font packages providing truetype fonts
> install into the TrueType subdir; XFree86 comes with
> a TTF dir by default.
> Is there any reason not to make our fonts install into
> TTF instead, too?

IMO, all of them should install into TTF (no need to change X configuration
when installing new fonts, for example).  Probably, they are installed in
their own directory to avoid problems while generating the fonts database --
but as we now have, there is now problem in sharing the same
directory for multiple packages.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -