Subject: Re: skey on Solaris
To: Dima Veselov <kab00m@lich.phys.spbu.ru>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/27/2003 14:12:10
On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 05:41:36PM +0300, Dima Veselov wrote:

> > I suspect that the wrong ld is first in the path.  The wrong one being
> > in /usr/ucb (or something akin to that)
>
> Thanks, I was to reinstall gmake and libiconv packages, so now they do not want
> libucb any more.

glad to hear it.

> Now I have another problem - after this operations building of samba hangs during
> configure on the "checking for fcntl locking..." string, have any ideas?

someone more familiar with the package might be able to help. does the
configure script hang at the same place if you run it manually?

> By the way - openssh do not crashes anymore on Solaris 8/sparc :-) Thanks for person,
> who responsible for this fix - it was very needed.

I think something in the build process subtly changed between openssh
3.7 and 3.7.1.

the problem was the combination of the included Makefile calling ${LD}
directly, setting it to ${CC} if not set, and the fact that pkgsrc
sets it.

I have no idea why the openssh build process calls ${LD} under the
assumption that it is really the compiler, not the linker.

grant.