Subject: Re: libtool(?) problem with -current
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Ossi Herrala <oherrala@ee.oulu.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/24/2003 15:29:50
I think I found the solution to my own problem. See my previous mail:

http://news.gw.com/netbsd.tech.pkg/16818

Some time ago I started using devel/ccache as my friend suggested it. So,
I defined CC as "/usr/pkg/bin/ccache cc" to my environment and pkgsrc
compilations started using it as it should.

At some point libtool got rebuilded and /usr/pkg/bin/libtool have lines
like:

# A C compiler.
LTCC="ccache"

# A language-specific compiler.
CC="ccache"

I don't know how and where "/usr/pkg/bin/ccache cc" turns to "ccache". I
just tested it to be sure.

Now, when libtool is doing compiling(?) it makes files like

% file libz.la
libz.la: ASCII English text

% head -n 5 libz.la
cache hit                            647
cache miss                          1716
called for link                       95
multiple source files                 20
compile failed                        53

that output is because of libtool doing "$CC -shared". (-s is for
statistics and -h is for help.. heh).

Is this libtool's problem or is this problem of mine while defining CC to
environment? I'm sure taking ccache out from use and recompiling libtool
again and everything will work again.

Thanks,

--
Ossi Herrala, OH8HUB