Subject: Re: pkg/23835: Samba send corrupted files when sharing a ntfs partition
To: R. Braun <syn@sceen.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/24/2003 11:15:10
> Sorry, I'm not used to such development tools at all :-/. Could you give me some
> instructions or good guides so that I can provide you with what you need ?

Sure. If you need more detailed instructions, contact me off-list please.

Do you have swat installed? If so, you can map the share, then ask swat for
the status screen and look up which process is connected to your client.
Remember the pid and then do something like:

cd /tmp
ktrace -p (PID)
(request the file from client)
(disconnect client - this should terminate the ktrace process)

You now have a /tmp/ktrace.out file. You can use kdump to view the contents
of that binary file (it's probably a *lot* of output).

Now repeat the same with a share served by ffs and compare the output - or
compress both kdump outputs and mail them to me.

Martin