Subject: Re: 'C compiler cannot create executables' on Darwin
To: None <mlh@goathill.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/23/2003 15:31:06
> From: mlh@goathill.org (MLH)

>>> [...]
>>> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
>>> cannot
>>> create executables
>>> *** Error code 77
>>
>> Apropos this very thread.  Did you change "_OPSYS_RPATH_NAME = -L" to
>> "_OPSYS_RPATH_NAME = -R" in defs.Darwin.mk?
>
> Missed that one. Gets a little further than gettext-lib now :
>
>[...]
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot
> create executables
> *** Error code 77

Right, that's a different error.  I think.  What does your config.log say?

When I trumbled through the dependencies (by the way, what's the verb for
'compiled using pkgsrc'?) for gqview-devel, there were a number of small
tweaks I had to perform on packages that were failing.  An errant -lcompat
here, a missing -lstdc++ there...  You'll have to tweak the occasional
error, always looking at the config.log for the reason.

I'd be glad to help, as gqview-devel, gtk+-2.2.4, and the Panther gtk2 theme
(at
http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/panther-gtk/?topic_id=58%2C1009%2C958
-- sweet...) all work fine here.

--Dave