Subject: Re: 'C compiler cannot create executables' on Darwin
To: , <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2003 18:15:49
> From: mlh@goathill.org (MLH)
>
>> From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
>>
>> I tried setting _OPSYS_RPATH_NAME=-R and the rpath arguments were
>> stripped from the cc command-line. you should be able to just change
>> this single line in defs.Darwin.mk to test it.
>>
>> this is not ideal, since -R will sometimes be present in LDFLAGS and
>> therefore a manual pkg build in the WRKDIR won't work...
>
> There are several problems with building from pkgsrc on os/x 10.3 :
>
> http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/tech-pkg/2003/11/07/0015.html
> http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/tech-pkg/2003/11/17/0015.html
> http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/tech-pkg/2003/12/02/0007.html
>
> rendering it fairly useless for anything approaching a meta-pkg.

Try updating to libtool-1.5nb2 per pkg/22810.  I did this and was able to
finally build and install fontconfig, just now.

I'll be compiling more against this particular libtool-1.5nb2 tonight-- even
if it's not supposed to be in-tree yet-- mainly because I don't really have
anything to lose, and it appears to work.

--David