Subject: Re: 'C compiler cannot create executables' on Darwin
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2003 18:50:30
I wonder about "which bmake" ....

With 10.3 (panther), Apple changed vi from nvi to vim.  Annoying.
They also made "make" be gmake.  "bmake" is the lovely berkeley make
we know and love.

You might be hitting the "wrong" bmake.

You might try (temporarily) running "gzip /usr/bin/bmake"
to get it out of the way.

OTOH, it may not be this at all.

You *can* compile a helloworld.c program, right?

Quoting David Hopper (DHOP@gesi.net):