Subject: Re: Pkgsrc Bootstrap Troubles on Solaris 9/x86 (Last Try)
To: J. Alexander Jacocks <jjacocks@mac.com>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/19/2003 10:03:50
On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:59:35PM -0500, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

> (This is a duplicate, because the first didn't seem to go to the list.)
>
> I am attempting to configure pkgsrc on a Dell laptop, running Solaris
> 9/x85 12/03.  I grabbed the source distribution of bootstrap, and built
> it, using gcc-3.3.2 from Sunfreeware.  Next, I grabbed the binary of
> pkgsrc.tar.gz, and untarred it to /usr/pkgsrc.  My failure ocurred when
> I tried to build gnupg, as my first package.  Building dependencies
> ensued, and libtool-base failed.
>
> I went through a similar issue about 6 months ago with pkgsrc on Solaris
> 9/Sparc, and thought that this had been resolved.  Is this the same issue?

I'm not sure about the "test: unknown operator invalid", but it
appears you're being bitten by a tr(1) bug in Solaris which bmake
trips over.

try setting MACHINE_ARCH=i386 in /etc/mk.conf or on the command line.

afaik, this has been resolved in more recent versions of bmake, but
bootstrap-pkgsrc has not yet been updated to use the latest version.

g.