Subject: Re: sun jdk/jre for NetBSD 1.6.2?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/17/2003 12:33:17
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

: > I think sun-j{dk,re}13 work.
:
: IC... it would be so nice to get the sources downloaded automatically if
: one has the proper ACCEPTABLE_LICENSE set... :/

It can't.  The Sun download process is now heavily cookie-fied, so you need
a real browser to get it.

: > FWIW, about a year ago, I used native java (1.3) on 1.6, and it worked
: > quite well.
:
: Well, I guess that was not in pkgsrc. (I remember looking at a jdk that
: was/is in pkgsrc-wip, maybe that should be moved to pkgsrc...)

It shouldn't be moved just yet.  It's not quite production quality, and I
intend to do some cleanup on both jdk12 and jdk13 soon.  (jdk12, once I
clean it up to build and work correctly on -current, will be ready to move
to main pkgsrc and probably will not change at all after that.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>