Subject: Re: package ALWAYS?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Rene Hexel <r.hexel@griffith.edu.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/16/2003 10:27:17
On Tuesday, December 16, 2003, at 09:55  AM, Chuck Yerkes wrote:

> I didn't find this in the archives, but I didn't read everything.
>
> I'm fairly well used to OpenBSD and one thing they do that's
> nice is that BEFORE the install target is a "package" target.
> Always.

   In the NetBSD package system, it's the other way round:
'make package' will always install a package before
packaging it up.

   I.e., if you always use 'make package' you should get
the same results as always using 'make install' on
OpenBSD.

   In /etc/mk.conf you can also set UPDATE_TARGET=package
then you will also get binary packages every time you
run 'make update'.

   Cheers
       ,
    Rene