Subject: Re: apr and db4
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/14/2003 15:19:23
John Klos <john@ziaspace.com> writes:

> db4 is too big to be included with apr by default. If
> subversion requires apr with db4, then make a separate package
> for apr with db4, let subversion require that, and let Apache 2
> use either.

As i told Todd Vierling on this list a couple weeks ago, we can
do that, but anyone who installs apr without DB 4 and later wants
to install Subversion will have to reinstall apr.

This won't hurt me, so i won't object much, but it doesn't feel
right.  I think the users who have to do that will consider it
broken, and i will agree with them when they complain.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org