Subject: Re: _BLNK_CACHE_ALL in FreeBSD...
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/13/2003 09:38:56
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:45:29 -0800 (PST)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> I read the small comments about it in the source.
> Can someone briefly explain why I should use this?

Take a look at pkgsrc/mk/buildlink2/NOTES. It will save
some sed steps when buildlinking I think.

> Should I enable _BLNK_CACHE_ALL for Linux? for BSD/OS?

You should to do tests: build shells/tcsh, x11/xearth and devel/gettext-lib, if
this build was ok, then you should enable it IMO.

But Johnny C.Lam is the buildlink jedi, he knows the truth about all this.

--
Juan RP <juan AT xtraeme DOT unixbsd DOT org>