Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/libtool
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/12/2003 11:04:39
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>  $ pkg_info -L libtool-base | fgrep / | xargs grep bsdi4
>  /usr/pkg/share/aclocal/libtool.m4:bsdi4*)
>  /usr/pkg/share/libtool/libltdl/acinclude.m4:bsdi4*)
>  /usr/pkg/share/libtool/libltdl/aclocal.m4:bsdi4*)
>
> Those above should be "bsdi*". (The patches fixed other things too.)
>
> I will look at this further. But can anyone share any suggestions or
> advice on fixing those?

Thinking about this more. It seems like a waste of time to continue to
patch old libtool.

I also have patches for BSD/OS support for libtool-1.4.2 which have
various differences to libtool-1.4. And I can provide the fixes for
libtool-1.5 instead.

Will the new libtool version 1.5 in pkgsrc use the original distfile or
will it be a custom NetBSD tarball (like now)?

If it will use  original distfile, should we consider importing libtool
version 1.5 to pkgsrc-wip?

Or even if we do use a custom distfile, maybe we should begin with it
(using original source) at pkgsrc-wip. So developed can be seen and used
by some.

Is there any expected date with libtool 1.5 will be ready for pkgsrc?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/