Subject: pkg-config .pc files
To: None <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/12/2003 01:14:54
How do I go about adding a pkg-config .pc file for an existing
package that doesn't have one of these?

I've got a newer version of xmms-mad working which has better
functionality than the version currently in pkgsrc, but I had to
manually add id3tag.pc and mad.pc files to /usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig
since the new xmms-mad wouldn't configure without them.

Do I just add templates that are sed'd in audio/libid3tag/files
and audio/libmad/files or do this some other way?  I couldn't find
an example of this at a quick browse of any existing packages.

Simon Burge                                   <>
NetBSD Development, Support and Service: