Subject: Re: pkg-config .pc files
To: Simon Burge <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/11/2003 07:46:07
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Simon Burge wrote:

> How do I go about adding a pkg-config .pc file for an existing
> package that doesn't have one of these?
> I've got a newer version of xmms-mad working which has better
> functionality than the version currently in pkgsrc, but I had to
> manually add id3tag.pc and mad.pc files to /usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig
> since the new xmms-mad wouldn't configure without them.

This makes me wonder if it is assuming to need a newer libid3tag and
libmad that do provide those pkgconfig files.

Or maybe our libid3tag and libmad in pkgsrc are forced to not install

Or another alternative (as seen in x11/Xrandr/patches/patch-aa) is to skip
the pkgconfig requirement.

> Do I just add templates that are sed'd in audio/libid3tag/files
> and audio/libmad/files or do this some other way?  I couldn't find
> an example of this at a quick browse of any existing packages.

   Jeremy C. Reed