Subject: Re: make upgrade target
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/04/2003 08:15:06
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 09:39:05AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > It could be useful if pkgsrc had an upgrade target to install
> > a package that is already installed.
>
> "make replace" ?

Three people told me same now. Two off-list. Thank you for the
suggestions.

I should have mentioned that I have looked at "make replace". I was trying
to say that I wanted a method that will also clean up old files not in new
package (like my custom pkg_add's upgrade option). Also, I don't care
about the pkg_tarup part. (Maybe that can be optional).

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/