Subject: Re: devel/cvs and ./configure.lineno: 9897: Syntax error: "!"
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/04/2003 07:54:35
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:

> I added the line "SH?= /usr/bin/ksh" into defs.HP-UX.mk (Yes
> it has badly broken sh too).  This worked under HP-UX.  Does
> it work for you?  If it does, REPLACE* are not needed, I
> guess.

I had been using ksh for last month, but then it broke too (as I mentioned
in another thread yesterday: "native BSD/OS 4.3.1 sh and native ksh not
good enough"). So now I am using BSD/OS's bash.

Anyways, the SH is not automatically replaced in ./configure scripts.

That gives me an idea: maybe the bsd.pkg.mk's do-configure target can run
${CONFIGURE_SCRIPT} using the ${SH} ... but maybe not, that would cause
syntax errors if the configure program was not sh script.

Or another idea is to automatically do that SH replace in the do-configure
target. (It will only change it if the pattern matches.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/