Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/xmlcatmgr
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/04/2003 09:50:03
--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, grant beattie wrote:
>=20
> > > Or maybe this should be based on OPSYS (like only for "Irix")?
> >
> > yes, you can specify (in)compatible platforms in tools.mk for this
> > reason.
>=20
> I see that was done shortly ago also for Irix. Does this mean that the
> change for xmlcatmgr was not needed then?
>=20
> (Why both changes?)

AFAIUI, setting the two says the following:

_TOOLS_INCOMPAT_OPSYS.awk+=3D IRIX-*-*	-> ``when you need awk, use gawk
						from pkgsrc''
USE_GNU_TOOLS+=3D awk			-> ``this package requires a GNU
						capable awk''

Setting only the former will not get xmlcatmgr to pull in gawk, since
the package is not aware that it needs (GNU) awk.

At least that's what I observed and how I understood tools.mk to work.

-Jan

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD!		http://www.netbsd.org

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf