Subject: Re: USE_GCC3 and USE_PKGSRC_GCC
To: John R. Shannon <john@johnrshannon.com>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/04/2003 10:02:28
On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 01:18:07PM -0700, John R. Shannon wrote:

> I submitted a PR on this several months ago. The problem is that
> pkgsrc/mk/compiler.mk refers to pkgsrc/gcc3/buildlink2.mk.

yes, it does, because nobody who is interested in lang/gcc3-* has
done the required work to properly support it.

the comments in compiler.mk document what happens when the various
USE*GCC* variables are set. if there is any discrepancy between the
comments and reality, it should be fixed ;)

in particular, USE_GCC3 forces lang/gcc3. USE_PKGSRC_GCC forces
lang/gcc, but this is mostly historical and can probably go away now.

g.