Subject: Re: USE_GCC_SHLIB makes depends on wrong gcc
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/03/2003 21:15:10
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, grant beattie wrote:

> > I defined USE_GCC_SHLIB in libtool-base just to test it. That is when I
> > saw it "Registering depends: gcc>=2.95.3". Which is wrong, because I hope
> > the reference would register what I really have. Because if I install on
> > another system, it will bring in the wrong dependency.
>
> right.
>
> see my message <20031203230228.GK12841@fang> in a recent thread - nobody
> who cares about lang/gcc3-* has done the required work to properly
> support those packages in the pkgsrc infrastructure yet.

Already read it. (You sent it to me vi a Cc too.)

It was the same (this) thread. You are replying to same again. Funny :)

You also mention that the comments already explained it. That is true. I
was just pointing out that it was broken (when I started this thread) and
asking for some suggestions on the best way to improve it.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/