Subject: Re: USE_GCC_SHLIB makes depends on wrong gcc
To: grant beattie <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/03/2003 21:08:44
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, grant beattie wrote:

> > mk/ has:
> >
> > .      if defined(USE_GCC_SHLIB)
> > DEPENDS+=               gcc>=${GCC_REQD}:../../lang/gcc
> >
> > So then even if you are using gcc3 then the registered dependencies are
> > like:
> >
> > Registering depends: gcc>=2.95.3
> under what circumstances? could you provide an example?

The only gcc I have is gcc3-c-3.3.2 and gcc-c++-3.3.2 as installed from

I defined USE_GCC_SHLIB in libtool-base just to test it. That is when I
saw it "Registering depends: gcc>=2.95.3". Which is wrong, because I hope
the reference would register what I really have. Because if I install on
another system, it will bring in the wrong dependency.

   Jeremy C. Reed