Subject: Re: devel/cvs and ./configure.lineno: 9897: Syntax error: "!"
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/03/2003 20:17:04
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:

> IF you want to add the support of BSD/OS as well as
> Linux/IRIX/etc. to pkgsrc, prepare some stuff in pkgsrc/mk
> such as:
>
> pkgsrc/mk/BSDOS.pkg.dist
> pkgsrc/mk/BSDOS.x11.dist
> pkgsrc/mk/defs.BSDOS.mk
>
> Then put above definitions into defs.BSDOS.mk.  I have no
> idea if BSDOS is better than BSD-OS or BSD_OS, though.

Already done :)

(Other than BSDOS.x11.dist.)

I did the work almost two months ago. And also fixed a few packages for
BSD/OS portability last month. I waited for freeze to end before
committing BSD/OS support. And I committed earlier today.

I chose "BSDOS" (and later I noticed that sendmail itself uses BSD-OS in
its builds).

Last month, I built perl, openssl, apache, postfix, sendmail and many
other packages under BSD/OS. (I just remembered that the openssh doesn't
work although it installed fine last month.) I am now building all the
"supported" packages as defined in doc/STATUS.

Do you use BSD/OS? Can you test?

Later we will have an official announcement (and about AIX too).

Any answers to my previous email questions?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/