Subject: Re: htdig-3.1.6 doesn't build
To: Murray Armfield <murray@river-styx.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/03/2003 16:15:45
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Murray Armfield wrote:

> Just a quick question, is it things like this that are supposed to be
> picked up during the pkgsrc freeze? I'm a bit confused about the pkgsrc
> freeze process. I had this issue just around the start of the pkgsrc
> freeze but didn't say anything (probably should have) as I thought it
> would have come out on the first bulk build of pkgsrc on NetBSD-current.

Just to let you know, probably over fifteen bulk builds were done by a
couple maintainers during the freeze. The build results were posted and
build logs were available.

I don't think anyone does (or did) bulk builds of pkgsrc on
NetBSD-current.

As far as I remember, htdig was never listed. htdig isn't listed on the
last either.

> > EndingsDB.o(.text+0xb6): undefined reference to `cout'
> > EndingsDB.o(.text+0xbb): undefined reference to `ostream::operator<<(char
> > const*)'

Probably caused by newer gcc. The bulk builds were done against the
expected official release (such as NetBSD 1.6.2/i386).

> > I also tried with -Wno-deprecated as recommended in the htdig FAQ (since
> > I'm using gcc 3.3.2), but it didn't help. Any clues?

I see it is a newer gcc.

Sorry, I don't have an answer.

Does anyone have a -current system to do bulk builds?

(I do builds with newer gcc, but not everything.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/