Subject: Re: Font problem only with Gnome, Bluefish, Sodipodi and QCad --
To: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/03/2003 01:02:33
--==========AEA3C378ACD54BC25B0B==========

[...]

> So on the working PC there are a pair of lfreetype libraries. But
> on the non-working laptop there is only a single lfreetype library.
> And similarly so for all three affected programs.
>
> Is that correct?
> it? And is there anything I can do about

The real problem is that programms have depencies on two different versions =

of freetype (and if you look further Xrender). This is because some=20
programs (most all Xft2) need newer versions than XFree can provide while=20
other are happy with the XFree versions. So everything gets mixed up. This=20
is a known problem and being worked on. If you like "living on the edge" I=20
can send you some (unfinished) patches to test.

--=20
Marc Recht
--==========AEA3C378ACD54BC25B0B==========

--==========AEA3C378ACD54BC25B0B==========--