Subject: recent mail/sendmail changes
To: None <ben@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/02/2003 21:41:57
sendmail-8.12.10nb2 added:

: 2) /etc/mail/submit.cf
:         This file is not needed because we install it as:
:                 ${PREFIX}/share/sendmail/cf/submit.cf
:
:         To avoid installing /etc/mail/submit.cf, I added to devtools/OS/NetBSD:
:                 define(`confINST_DEP', `')

Unless you're going to put it in ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}, this is WRONG.
submit.cf is *intentionally* customizable just like any other Sendmail
config, and thus should not be used directly from ${PREFIX}/share.

It does, however, belong with all other Sendmail config files, so unless
everything is moving to ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR} (including sendmail.cf), submit.cf
also belongs in /etc/mail.

Please fix this.

And:

: 4) /var/spool/clientmqueue
:         This directory is not needed because sendmail is configured to use:
:                 O QueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue
:
:         To avoid installing this directory, I added to devtools/OS/NetBSD:
:                 define(`confINST_DEP', `')

If you don't know what is wrong with this change, I suggest you go back to
Sendmail 8.11.  Please revert.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>