Subject: Re: Thunderbird?
To: Arto Huusko <armihu@utu.fi>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/28/2003 04:49:38
On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 07:40:43PM +0200, Arto Huusko wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is anyone working on adding Mozilla Thunderbird to pkgsrc?
>
> Or, failing that, how hard would it possibly be to compile
> it manually?

I added thunderbird-bin to pkgsrc-wip, and I will import it into
pkgsrc after the freeze is over.

it only works on Linux at this stage. we need gtk2 libraries (and
dependencies) built on Linux for it to work on NetBSD. this almost
certainly means having to update our Linux compatibility packages,
and I'm working on using the Debian distribution for this.

I haven't yet attempted to build Thunderbird from source.

grant.