Subject: Re: bump BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.tiff and pkg/23515: graphics/tiff is broken under amd64
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/26/2003 09:03:08
On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:01:21PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> That's the  hard part -- knowing which packages really use libtiff or
> tiff headers at build time or tiff utilities. My suggestion is to move
> them out of the way and then on a bulk build see what fails.

This will also (silently) remove tiff from pkgs that use it optionally (due
to autoconfig magic). But it is easy to know which pkgs use it, if you are
willing to do a complete bulk build:

Add __warn_references(TIFFOpen, "this program uses the tiff library")
to the library source file implementing TIFFOpen. (And maybe a few more of
the key routines, TIFFClose, TIFFFdOpen, you probably get the idea)

Then safe a log from the buld build and grep for the linker output.

Martin