Subject: Re: EXTRACT_CMD needs EXTRACT_CMD_OPTS
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/23/2003 09:12:40
On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 05:01:52PM +0100, Michal Pasternak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to port a package, which is distributed as a zipfile. Zipfile
> contains proper file names (eg. upper/lowercase letters), while commands for
> unzip, defined in bsd.pkg.mk are:
>
> 	EXTRACT_CMD.zip?=       ${LOCALBASE}/bin/unzip -Laqo $${extract_file}
>
> Option "-L" automatically converts to lowercase all filenames extractd. This
> is *BAD*.

Which package does need that behaviour?

> So, to make that source file extract right, I need to supply whole
> EXTRACT_CMD.
>
> Don't you think it would be wise rather to write it as:
>
> 	EXTRACT_OPTS.zip?=	-Laqo
> 	EXTRACT_CMD.zip?=	${LOCALBASE}/bin/unzip ${EXTRACT_OPTS}.zip

IMHO we should revert the default not to include -L and -o and fix the packages
which still need them.

       -o     overwrite existing files without prompting.  This is a dangerous
              option,  so  use  it with care.  (It is often used with -f, how-
              ever, and is the only  way  to  overwrite  directory  EAs  under
              OS/2.)

So it should be -Caq (-C  match filenames case-insensitively).

Bernd