Subject: Re: gcc 2.95.3 issue
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: David S. <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/23/2003 00:10:34
> > Okay, I know pkgsrc is/was frozen for "stability fixes for branching" or
> > some such, but why does every package I try to build now require gcc 2.95.3?
> What packages?
> I have not seen that (on systems with gcc 2 or gcc 3). Other pkgsrc
> developers (I assume) have not seen that either.
> Any other details?

I can confirm this.  I built 'pkgsrc/security/sfs' on a -current system
(i386 1.6ZE) and got gcc 2.95.3 too.  The build for that crapped out on
'loop.c'.  The fix is trivial, but why do should I need gcc 2.95.3?
Lodking at the 'sfs' Makefile, I'm not ever sure how this superfluous
dependcy is enforced.

David S.