Subject: glu and MesaLib packages
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: petard <email@example.com>
Date: 11/21/2003 02:54:03
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'm new to NetBSD and to the package system, so please let me know if I
should go to a different forum :-)
I am currently attempting to install KDE 3.1 on a newly installed
system. Two of the prerequisites are MesaLib and glu. They did not
install easily... here are the steps I took to make them work:
1. Update the checksums in MesaLib/distinfo and glu/distinfo to match
the new MesaLib download, after verifying the md5sum against the
project's published docs.
2. Change Mesa/Makefile.common:
AUTOMAKE_REQD=1.4 ---> AUTOMAKE_REQD=yes
and install current versions of autoconf and automake. (MesaLib was
complaining about a missing macro.)
3. Change MesaLib/work/Mesa-5.0.2/src/GGI/Makefile.am:
INCLUDES +=... ---> INCLUDES=...
4. Change MesaLib/PLIST:
lib/libGL.so.5.501 ---> lib/libGL.so.5.502
lib/libOSMesa.so.4.501 ---> lib/libOSMesa.so.4.502
5. Manually apply patch-ac, remove patch-aa because it's already
6. Change glu/PLIST:
lib/libGLU.so.2.501 ---> lib/libGLU.so.2.502
7. Remove patch-aa because it's already applied.
I've got two questions:
1. Does anyone who's been down this path see some way I've just shot
myself in the foot?
2. Is this the right place to report these issues so they can eventually
be fixed if needed?
I'm using NetBSD 1.6.1 and the most recent pkgsrc.tar.gz I could find.
If your message really might be confidential, download my PGP key here:
and encrypt it. Otherwise, save bandwidth and lose the disclaimer.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----