Subject: Re: Mesa3d
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@elfin.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2003 18:03:43
* Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org> [2003-11-17 15:19:09 -0500]:

> Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm working on this.  One of the things that held me back from updating
> > > those packages is that oddly enough graphics/glut now creates
> > > libglut.so.0.0.  The previous was .so.10.1, so I really don't quite
> > > understand why that would be the case.
>
> Attached are patches to update Mesa* and gl*.  glut still builds
> libglut.so.0.0, but I see no way short of renaming/forcing it to get
> another version number.
>
> Forcing it may, however, not be a good idea since we then digress from
> the original distribution.  So... any objections if we just use
> libglut.so.0.0?

I think your missing a patch in there... After applying your patch, building
in MesaLib errors out in post-patch because INCLUDES and DEFS are not defined
before using +=.

src/GGI/Makefile.am

As for the version being 0.0, the version-info is not being given to libtool.
Look in src-glut/Makefile.am and you will find there is a commented line out
which adds the -version-info @LIBGLUT_VERSION_INFO@ to libglut_la_LDFLAGS.

Ron