Subject: Re: The PKGREVISION bump after openssl bump
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2003 10:20:42
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Thomas Klausner wrote:

: > If that's the case, why was there no modification to buildlink2 to make use
: > of the pkg in preference to the OS install, if the OS install is older?
:
: I might be mistaken, but I think it does that.

I didn't think so at first, as I didn't see a significant difference in the
buildlink2.mk that would have suggested to me that the preference had been
changed.  However, testing does reveal the new dependency.

I think my confusion came from the fact that the _OPENSSL_HAS_20030730_FIX
definition is still in buildlink2.mk -- but it seems it's no longer used
anywhere.  That should be nuked.

Sorry for the false alarm.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>