Subject: Audio problems.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/15/2003 16:26:43
I'm having problems with the yds driver and the xgalaga package.
Basically, the audio for the game stutters horrendously for a few seconds,
and then the sound server that xgalaga uses core dumps.  Running gdb on
the core file simply reveals the following:

[ adamk@sorrow - ~ ]: gdb --core xgal.sndsrv.linu.core
GNU gdb 5.3nb1
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsdelf".
Core was generated by `xgal.sndsrv.linu'.
#0  0x080491e9 in ?? ()
(gdb) quit

This causes xgalaga to die with "Broken pipe" error.  Interestingly, the
stuttering also happens when I use the "-nosound" flag for xgalaga, though
the game never dies in that case (the stuttering will continue for however
long I play, though).

This does not happen with the emuxki and eap drivers, making me think this
is an issue with the driver, and not the package but since I have no idea
how to confirm this, I thought I'd e-mail both the tech-kern and teck-pkg
lists.

Can anyone advise me on how to get this fixed?

Adam