Subject: cyrus-imapd problem: "DBERROR: dbenv->open failed: No such file or directory"
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <thiemann@gel.usherbrooke.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/13/2003 14:48:38
Hello,

	I finally fixed a problem I was having with mail/cyrus-imapd (pkgsrc cvs HEAD
on a 1.6.2 system, that is cyrus-imapd-2.0.17nb1 on 1.6.2_RC1).  Every 15
minutes, lmtpd would emit:

lmtpd[10778]: DBERROR: dbenv->open failed: No such file or directory
lmtpd[10778]: lmtpd: unable to init duplicate delivery database

and after going through the sources I found that is was trying (for the
duplicate detection) to access files in $CONFDIR/imap/deliverdb, but that
directory never got created.  Once I created that directory, cyrus created
some files and directories in there and the messages went away.

I could not find this documented anywhere.  Should I send-pr this?

Joe.
http://www.gel.usherbrooke.ca/thiemann/