Subject: Re: pkgsrc/www/galeon -> 1.3.x (mozilla/gtk2 changes)
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2003 04:09:07
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Brian,
>
> I have done some of the same. I sent some of these patches to mozilla
> maintainer. I also started making a mozilla-gtk2 package. I was doing this
> so I could build Epiphany (which has been unsuccessful). I've been told
> that fixes may be found in FreeBSD ports, but I haven't looked yet.
>
> My patches for mozilla below. My mozilla-gtk2 pkgsrc (mostly based by

1.3.10 was just released (I assumed 1.3.9 would be the latest in that
development branch)

I had an idea: instead of having a seperate mozilla-gtk2 package and then
having the difficulity keeping patches in sync between the two, we could
have pkgsrc/mozilla/Makefile.common not explicitly define which toolkit to
use.

Then pkgsrc/mozilla/Makefile and pkgsrc/mozilla-gtk2/Makefile could be
skeletons which .include mozilla/Makefile.common and specify the toolkit
and other related dependencies.

</polite ping>

-lava