Subject: Re: plugins.mk (doh!)
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2003 20:54:17
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Juan RP wrote:

> I think we have a problem with packages that contains plugins
> for mozilla or MozillaFirebird, because we cannot install for example
> moz-flash without install mozilla and use MozillaFirebird if it is already
> installed or viceversa.

I agree. I think I just brought this up on this mailing list a few days
ago :)

> +VALID_BROWSERS=	MozillaFirebird mozilla
> +WITH_BROWSER?=	mozilla

So you would have a different package that has:
WITH_BROWSER=		MozillaFirebird
??

(Or how will binary packages be provided?)

> .if !defined(PLUGINS_MK)

> # For now we support mozilla* and MozillaFirebird* packages

But should work with any browser that uses same netscape-style plugins
(like navigator, konqueror, and opera) and built for same operating system
and architecture too.

> .if !empty(WITH_BROWSER:Mmozilla) || !empty(WITH_BROWSER:MMozillaFirebird)
> MOZ_PLUGDIR=    ${PREFIX}/lib/${WITH_BROWSER}/plugins
> .elif !empty(WITH_BROWSER:Mmozilla-bin)
> MOZ_PLUGDIR=    ${PREFIX}/lib/mozilla-linux/plugins
> .elif !empty(WITH_BROWSER:MMozillaFirebird-bin)
> MOZ_PLUGDIR=    ${PREFIX}/lib/MozillaFirebird-linux/plugins

I think it would be better if was installed to one location and then use
symlinks for each browser. So you don't have to install multiple times for
each browser.

Thanks for looking at this problem.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/