Subject: building xine-ui under Linux
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/07/2003 10:09:30
Does anyone use xine-ui (from pkgsrc) under Linux?

When building xine-ui under Linux (and LOCALBASE as /usr), I had two
errors. (I have fixes here too.)

First it failed because it didn't find a libfreetype2.la file. It was not
buildlinked. freetype2 was included in the xine-lib/Makefile but was not
in the xine-lib/buildlink2.mk. So I added

.include "../../graphics/freetype2/buildlink2.mk"

to pkgsrc/graphics/xine-lib/buildlink2.mk and the xine-ui build got past
that.

Then it failed like:
keys.c:46: error: `KEY_PPAGE' undeclared (first use in this function)
keys.c:46: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
keys.c:46: error: for each function it appears in.)
keys.c:47: error: `KEY_NPAGE' undeclared (first use in this function)
keys.c:114: warning: implicit declaration of function `initscr'
keys.c:115: warning: implicit declaration of function `keypad'
keys.c:115: error: `stdscr' undeclared (first use in this function)

So it was missing ncurses.

So I added
.include "../../devel/ncurses/buildlink2.mk"
to graphics/xine-ui/Makefile and it built and installed fine.

I see it has a configure option:

--with-curses           use the curses library instead of the termcap library

Maybe under Linux, it detected my curses (since my LOCALBASE is /usr). But
I don't have termcap anyways so that LOCALBASE as /usr doesn't matter.
(Not all Linux distributions use termcap.)

Does anyone else use xine-ui under Linux?

Is it okay if I do the two fixes above?

I can put an OPSYS check for Linux for the ncurses part.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/