Subject: Re: hier(7) silent on pkg documentation
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/07/2003 14:58:50
James K. Lowden [Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 09:49:16PM -0500]:
> tree.  But whether the postgresql docs are one tree or two, their location
> would be predictable.

Well, for me, it is very predictable, than when I want to read PostgreSQL
guide with HTML browser, I should go to /usr/pkg/share/doc/html/postgresql.

> On the contrary, it's easier to find!  What's more important: that
> postgresql docs are in html, or that "html" docs include postgresql?  Get
> the package *name* up the tree; move the documentation's form *down*.

Well, you're quite right - but as I am a *BSD user since some time, some
things are now obvious to me, and I get used to it - so I don't really see
if it is a problem. You can still create the functionality you want with
some shell scripts and ln(1). It will surely be less time-consuming, than
chaning pkgsrc entries and testing them.

Take care,
--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl