Subject: Re: textproc/docbook distfiles and mirrors?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/04/2003 08:53:04
On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 05:25:35PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> It has a list of MASTER_SITES and a list of DISTFILES. But the individual
> distfiles are from different a different URL.
> For example, does
> not exist.
> It doesn't seem right to try each master site and file.

That's true. Some time ago, we added the following to pkgsrc
to make the situation better (extract from Packages.txt):

If the package has multiple DISTFILES or multiple PATCHFILES from different
sites, set SITES_foo to a list of URI's where file "foo" may be found. "foo"
includes the suffix, e.g.

        SITES_foo-file.tar.gz= \

Please add some appropriate lines to the offending package(s).