Subject: buildlink3 vs fixing buildlink2
To: None <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/03/2003 16:34:58

I start building up a bucketload of patches to fix USE_SUNPRO on
packages which have gcc specific -W flags, so went looking for a
better and more generic fix.

It appears buildlink3 already has this in the mk/buildlink3/sunpro*
files to ignore any -Wfoo except for -Wl,-R which is fixed to use
the Sun rpath definition.

Question is on the status of buildlink3 - should I start moving
these packages over after testing they work with the new pkg_*
tools, or should buildlink2 be retro-fitted with the sunpro
handlers?  If that's not too much trouble, it'd be nice because it
would instantly fix a load of packages (no numbers, but I could
imagine it being between 500 - 1,000).

Jonathan Perkin                         <>
BBC Internet Services