Subject: Re: audio/splay on other platforms
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2003 06:55:42
On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 10:22:08PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> audio/splay/Makefile has:
>
> LIBS+=		-lossaudio
>
> This is not needed with Linux.
>
> patch-ab for mpegsound/mpegsound.h assumes <machine/endian.h> is available
> for Linux (and others).
>
> patch-ae for mpegsound/mpegtoraw.cc assumes <soundcard.h> is available for
> Linux (and FreeBSD).
>
> I have fixed these patches in my own pkgsrc. And splay works fine under
> Linux (i386 architecture).
>
> But before I share a complete patch for splay, can anyone let me know what
> operating systems you use splay under, so I can know what to check before
> adding LIBS+=-lossaudio ? (Or should I just check for NetBSD or !Linux?)

It should probably try to use pkgsrc/mk/ossaudio.buildlink2.mk.  It
defines several environment and make(1) variables (LIBOSSAUDIO and
DEVOSSAUDIO) that can be used in both Makefiles and patches.  There
are some examples of its usage in audio/esound and audio/mad123.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>