Subject: Re: package gcc libraries
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: None <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/29/2003 20:03:03
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:34:16AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Shouldn't there be a run-time dependency when the libraries used are
> provided by a gcc3 or gcc3-c++ package?

From compiler.mk:

# USE_GCC_SHLIB
#       Indicates that a package uses GCC shared libraries, so we
#       register a runtime dependency on the compiler package.

And from TODO:

        o Set USE_GCC_SHLIB in packages that link against any GCC library but
          are missing to define this variable.

> Has anyone worked on making gcc library packages?

It could be nice to have such package, so that you don't have to install a
compiler just to have a shared library.

Hope this helps

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>