Subject: Re: commit message
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/29/2003 11:41:45
    Date:        Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:18:15 +0900 (JST)
    From:        itojun@itojun.org (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino)

  | 	when i attached a short summary, i get punished for not attaching
  | 	the whole changelog.  what is the policy, and where it is documented?

Do you mean the one where your "summary" was "see PR N" ?
That's not a summary, that's just a reference.

A summary would be "fix null pointer de-reference when more than 75
addresses are assigned to an interface, see PR 98765 for full details"
(or something).

The reason for this is that there are (I think) lots of people like me,
who have the CVS repository local (like on my laptop), but not the
whole gnats database - when I'm not corrected to the net, it is nice to
be able to see just why changes were made from the cvs logs (via cvsweb,
or whatever).

kre